We use strict scientific methodology to determine which t-shirts we decide to offer for sale in our stores and on our website. Here is just a sampling of our considerations.
IF YOUR BUSINESS
- is a historical landmark
- offers a seriously cool t-shirt for sale, or used to, or wants to
- is privately owned and operated
- is favored by locals and tourists
- is over 10 years old
- is located in its own building
- is a restaurant, bar, club, brewery, fishing boat, hardware store, coffee shop, donut shop, tattoo parlor, surf shop, biker bar, tobacco shop, music store, etc.
- is painted pink all over
- serves the coldest beer in town
- has an awesome logo or exterior sign
- has been patronized by real cowboys, riding horses
- is in a travel destination area
- has a dirt driveway
THEN YOUR BUSINESS may be immediately accepted as a Destee-Nation member—fill out our Suggest a Destee-Nation Form to fill us in. HOWEVER,
IF YOUR BUSINESS
- is new within the last couple years
- is NOT a restaurant, bar, club, brewery, fishing boat, hardware store, coffee shop, donut shop, tattoo parlor, surf shop, biker bar, tobacco shop, music store, etc.
- is located in a strip mall or worse yet a shopping center with one of those food court places
- is overseen by a group of attorneys
- is part of a big chain or big brand
- is operated by several levels of management
- judges its employees by their level of flair
- uses Helvetica in its logo
- claims to be the best at everything
- seeks to snag the tourists’ cash but doesn’t care about the locals
- needs serious logo work
- operates out of Muskogee, Oklahoma, or Ainsworth, Nebraska for that matter
THEN YOUR BUSINESS is probably NOT Destee-Nation material.
Please understand these are only guidelines. And our t-shirt scouts live by them. However, they do review each application on a case by case basis and have been known to be influenced by a cold beer, or three.